The American Red Cross
- Continuing to provide for Disaster Services and Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Programs with some variations.
- Direct response to local disasters is being conducted via virtual casework. However, all assistance is still being provided as before.
- The SAF Program continues as before with the exception of providing volunteers in military facilities.
- All Training Services (CPR, First Aid, etc.) have been suspended until further notice.
- The Biomedical Services (Blood Drives), have seen a dramatic shift in the number of blood drive sites available to the community. However, they are still providing life-saving blood products to area hospitals.
***At this time, the American Red Cross could use help in staffing and/or promoting local needs in a couple of critical areas such as:
- New volunteers to assist with local blood drives and disaster responses.
- Virtual “help from home” volunteers (with good computer skills) that could be trained to assist with screening and dispatching needs..
- And of course, the need for local blood donations… it is critical that during this COVID-19 event that we maintain an adequate blood supply throughout Ohio.
For more info, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the volunteer website at
www.redcross.org/volunteer …. Blood Donors are also needed in every area – visit redcrossblood.org to find the closest donation site near you to schedule an appointment!